Friday 26 September 2008

RSS feeds and newsreaders

I've played with RSS feeds using Internet Explorer before but hadn't heard of Bloglines. I signed up for a Bloglines account and subscribed to various feeds including cartoons, news, recipes and library issues.

It's quite interesting, I like having all the information together in one place. It's also good that you can put the feeds into different folders so they aren't all cluttered up together.
I've had some difficulty working out the url for my public account so I'll add it here when I work it out. It isn't located where it's supposed to be in the interface and the help doesn't.

Time passes...

Aha! I've cracked it! You need to actually alter it so that you click on Blog and edit the options. Add in a username and also 'Yes, publish my blogroll'. Then you can copy the url and add it thus... My Blogroll

No comments: