Friday 26 September 2008

Finding more feeds

I've now found some really interesting feeds on some of my favourite websites and added them. Technorati was very useful and so was Syndic8, they enabled me to find The Kept Up Academic Librarian and the Technorati Technology Channel which I've now subscribed to. I'll keep an eye out for more when I'm travelling around the web.

There does seem to be so many ways to receive RSS feeds. I've noticed the icon in my Outlook, my Internet Explorer, and now I'm really starting to see it on sites that I visit. I've always sort of known they were there, but now they really stand out to me.

Which begs the question, RSS feeds are designed to reduce the information overload that we face everyday -but could they also give rise to an information addiction? How many feeds are too many? How much information can one person absorb in a day?

No comments: