Monday 3 November 2008

Web 2.0 Award Winners

I was quite excited about this list of winners, there looked like some interesting names and categories. In actual fact, it wasn't really exciting at all. There were some familiar names like Delicious and CitySearch, but I thought some of the others were a bit dull.

I liked Biblio - very much like Abebooks but a site with much greater functionality. I particularly liked the browsing function and that they have created lists of author biographies and bibliographies. I love VuFind, it's being worked on here at UniSA Library at the moment and it's an exciting piece of software. The example of VuFind in action at the National Library of Australia looks great! It will be wonderful having that kind of flexibility in our catalogue. I was sorry that Library Thing only got an honourable mention - that site is a lot of fun. I don't know why I'm so interested in cataloguing my books at home. It's a little sad, I admit, but I think it would be heaps of fun :-)

No comments: