Monday 17 November 2008

Summary of 23 Things exercise

I began this learning process wondering how I was going to ever find the time to complete it. It has not been a quick learning exercise, some weeks have required a lot more time than others but each week has been a struggle to complete the required exercises. I think it helped that I was already familiar with some of the technologies, I already have my own personal blog and that really helped me to get through some weeks much faster. Also, being the first participant was very motivational, I felt the pressure to get through and test the exercises so that others could follow.

I’ve enjoyed this activity immensely. It’s so interesting to see the interactions that are possible between these different new technologies, and play with them. I think that has been the best part actually, playing with them. It’s my favourite learning style after all…

Looking back at my blog, it looks like I’ve meandered a little off topic, there’s pictures of cars and dolls and a meme in there amongst the exercises. Not very library of me. But very me. I hope you don’t mind these occasional excursions, I think they very much assisted my learning process.

It’s hard to pick a favourite exercise – I was quite rapt with the Flickr tools, and very keen on Library Thing. It’s just been so great to see what is out there. I very much enjoyed customising my blog and playing with all the features.

I hope that all the other participants are able to soldier on and get through. It's so very worthwhile once you get there.

No comments: