Tuesday 21 October 2008

Playing in the Sandbox

I accessed the PLCMC Learning 2.0 wiki and created an account so that I was able to login and edit the Favourite Blogs page. I needed to link the PLCMC Learning 2.0 wiki to my login in order to be able to do that. It asked for an additional password in order to edit the page - thankfully it appeared in the Title bar of the Window in the previous screen. I guess it's fairly obvious anyway :-)

I edited the Favourite Blogs page and added a banner for UniSA Library. My blog is now listed below it and other staff need to add themselves in as well. It's a very messy page really. An example of where there is a need for quality control in a wiki. There's no uniformity, different font sized and strange gaps. I guess it is a sandbox for a reason though, so I shouldn't whinge really. It's all learning! It just offends the graphic designer in me.

I've also contibuted my favourite wine Killawarra Dusk, my favourite poem Desiderata, my cat Alistair, my 3 favourite sayings... this has been great.

No comments: